- Maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent or manage heart disease and high blood pressure
- Strengthen your bones
- Lift your mood
- Improve your balance and coordination
The faster, farther and more frequently you walk, the greater the benefits.
Turning your normal walk into a fitness stride requires:
- Your head is up. Looking forward.
- Your neck, shoulders and back are relaxed.
- You’re swinging your arms freely with a slight bend in your elbows.
- Your stomach muscles are tightened and your back is straight, not arched forward or backward.
- You’re walking smoothly, rolling your foot from heel to toe.
- A total body workout: http://www.pamprentice2020.com/plb-video/