To maximize the health benefits of lemon juice, squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon into a glass of room-temperature water and drink it first thing in the morning.
– Lemons aid in weight loss: The weight loss benefits are a result of better digestion, detoxification and an increased production of bile, which breaks down food and fats better. As an added benefit, scientists say that lemons help reduce cravings.
– Lemons are a diuretic: If you are feeling a constipated, warm lemon water each morning will help get your system back on track. Lemon helps flush toxins out of your system by encouraging the production of liver detoxification enzymes.
– Lemon juice aids in digestion: Lemon juice gets your liver moving and helps in the production of bile which lets your body digest foods better. Also helps ward off heartburn.
– Lemon acts as an anti-cancer agent because of the antioxidants in the citrus. The antioxidants slow aging and reduce the risk of developing cancer cells. Lemon also acts as a neutralizer, which helps balance the acid levels that encourage cancer cell growth.
– Lemon helps your lymph system get rid of fluid in the tissue, transports fatty acids, and helps your digestive system run properly. Lemon juice helps by replacing lost fluids, so your lymphatic system works better.
– Lemons contain high levels of magnesium and potassium, which help your brain and nervous system function properly. Because lemons help increase hydration, you may also be able to concentrate at work better because you have more energy.
– Helps the immune system: Take vitamin C as soon as they feel a cold coming on. Vitamin C has been proven to shorten the duration and severity of a cold. Lemons are one of the best sources of vitamin C. Because lemon acts as an anti-inflammatory, it also helps reduce the severity of respiratory illnesses.
– Lemons can lift your mood: Because lemons help your body work better in so many other ways, your energy levels get a boost too. Additionally, the high vitamin C concentration also helps nip fatigue and reduces stress and anxiety.
– Lemons have anti-inflammatory properties: Lemons act as a diuretic, which is good for your joints. Lemons can help reduce swelling and pain by flushing toxins out of the body.
– Lemon cleans and clears your skin: Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic. You can apply lemon juice to a sunburn or a bee sting to reduce pain and swelling. Additionally, the antioxidants in lemons help reduce wrinkles and give your skin a healthy glow.
– Lemon can balance body pH levels: Despite their obvious acidity, lemons are known as an alkaline food. When the lemon juice mixes with water it helps produce molecules in your body that balance the pH levels of your body.
– Lemon is great for dental care: A great way to get fresh breath (it removes odors), it is also an excellent way to ensure your teeth stay fresh and clean. Try adding a bit of lemon to your toothbrush.